Check out these 5 Fun Pumpkin Recipes & Activities!
Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins! Fall is here and pumpkins are everywhere! You can decorate with them, carve them, cook with them, make drinks out of them, and even launch them. There are so many fun things to do with pumpkins. Here are a few of my favorites:
1) Decorating ideas: Create a Pumpkin Patch on a table or fireplace mantel in your home. Gather various sizes and colors of pumpkins and gourds, group them together, then add some berry stems and a few fall leaves for a beautiful display. Try putting pumpkins on candle stands or a large pumpkin on a cake stand for a classy look. Tie raffia around the stems of pumpkins for a country look. There are many beautiful ways to decorate with pumpkins for fall.
2) Pumpkin carving ideas: Be creative and design your own or check out some ideas at- http://www.rd.com/home/decorating/pumpkin-carving-patterns-ideas/
3) Pumpkin recipes: There are so many great pumpkin recipes! Pumpkin rolls may look difficult, but they are fun to make. Impress your friends and family with this great dessert! Check out this great recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8126/pumpkin-roll-cake/
4) Pumpkin Spice Latte: Nothing says “comfort” on a crisp fall day like a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Whether you put on comfy clothes and curl up with a good movie or have friends over for a fall brunch, you will enjoy a warm comforting drink! Try making your own at home with this great recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/127890/pumpkin-spiced-latte/
5) Pumpkin Launching: Check out the many activities offered at Pumpkin Patches in your area. Many Pumpkin Patches offer Pumpkin Launching, like Bengtson’s in Homer Glen, Illinois. You will hear the excitement from the crowd of all ages as the pumpkins are launched in the air. Check out the many activities they offer: http://pumpkinfarm.com/
Seeing all of the pumpkins gets the kids excited about Halloween. Mostly about Trick or Treating! Kids love dressing in costumes and getting treats. Are you looking for a special treat? Something to give out instead of candy? What about an awesome pencil? Check out these awesome Stephen Joseph pencils at www.thecrazydazy. They will make great treats for your little Trick or Treaters!